Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.1 and pgdb.py - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Gaetano Mendola
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 7.4.1 and pgdb.py
Date
List pgsql-general
Lamar Owen wrote:
> On Friday 30 January 2004 10:59 pm, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>
>>On Fri, Jan 30, 2004 at 07:42:27PM -0800, Jeff Davis wrote:
>>
>>>You can probably get an updated pgdb.py somehow, or you can just use
>>>"import pg" which has a different interface (non DBAPI-2.0 compliant)
>>>but should work fine (since it doesn't try to access system catalogs,
>>>it's more of a low-level PG interface for python).
>

>>Keep in mind that there's also psycopg and PyGreSql, as far as Python
>>interfaces go.
>

> Since I don't necessarily keep up with what is going on in the Python client
> world, would people enlighten me as to which python client would be best to
> build RPMs for?  I'm going to pull the python subpackage out of the main set,
> but I really would like to roll a set for the python clients, unless the
> maintainers of those now out of the main tarball clients have their own RPMs.

Simply distribute the same files distributed with postgres 7.3.X, what
you did in last 7.4.1 distribution was insert a pre 7.3.2 pgdb.py

IMHO is a pity remove the pyhton subpackage just for a so little mistake.

Regards
Gaetano Mendola