Re: set_ps_display on solaris x86 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Subject Re: set_ps_display on solaris x86
Date
List pgsql-hackers
   Bruce> Tom Lane wrote:   >> Sailesh Krishnamurthy <sailesh@cs.berkeley.edu> writes:   >> > Sadly, set_ps_display
doesnot seem to have any effect in solaris   >> > x86. At least ps only reports multiple postmaster processes and   >>
>arguments.    >>    >> IIRC, you have to use the "other" version of ps to see the process   >> status on Solaris.  I
forgetwhere it lives exactly, /usr/ucb maybe?

   Bruce> Yep, monitoring chapter mentions it:

Thanks !

I was pointed to it by Kevin Brown in private email. He also showed me
how to teach ddd to use the right command as a helper.

Now I need to figure out how to get our sysadmins to make this value a
global change when our students first start ddd - so that they can
easily attach to the right postgres backend while debugging.

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh