Re: Are we losing momentum? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Subject Re: Are we losing momentum?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
   Tom> Of course, IBM can afford to keep reps on the SQL standards   Tom> committee to make sure that no future spec
extension  Tom> conflicts with the names they've used for their additions to   Tom> INFORMATION_SCHEMA.  We, on the
otherhand, could easily get   Tom> burnt by spec changes.

Right it's pretty unfair. I'm not beating any drums here. It's more
than just making sure that no extensions conflict with what they've
used. It's also about makign their extensions the default.

One thing that they _do_ try though is to use very ibm-centric when
possible.

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh