Re: - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Subject Re:
Date
List pgsql-hackers
   Robert> TelegraphCQ isn't a part of postgresql, but it is based on   Robert> the postgresql code base. It is
maintainedcompletely   Robert> separate from the postgresql project. AFAIK the place to   Robert> get the software is
at  Robert> http://telegraph.cs.berkeley.edu/telegraphcq/ though some   Robert> of the folks working on the project do
followthese lists,   Robert> so I'm sure they will correct me if I'm wrong. HTH

Thanks Robert !

Robert is right. TelegraphCQ is a _research_ project. The alpha
version available in the website Robert listed is based on the
PostgreSQL 7.2.1 code base currently. We are not affiliated with the
PostgreSQL project in any way apart from the fact that we are invested
in the quality of the code (which is of course, really very good :-) !
Um also, PostgreSQL has its origins in Berkeley and some of the
TelegraphCQ hackers worked on Postgres in the past.  We do plan to
release all our code as open source.

Although we are primarily working on long-running continuous queries
over data streams, all existing PostgreQL functionality will continue
to work (famous last words ...).

In addition, we are working on infrastructure that lets us use
external data sources, such as webpages, with TelegraphCQ. This would
include the so-called "web joins", which give you an index-style
access method over a web page. Some of this might be useful to the
PostgreSQL project at large.
   >> I saw a project about stream data process engine named   >> TelegraphCQ on http://telegraph.cs.berkeley.edu. It's
saidto   >> be part of postgresql.  But why can't I find it in the   >> postgresql cvs? Can anyone tell me where is it?
Orwhether   >> postgresql has anything about stream data processing already?

Visit http://telegraph.cs.berkeley.edu/telegraphcq/ for more details.

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh