Re: PLEASE: I really need german characters - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Markus Donath
Subject Re: PLEASE: I really need german characters
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hello,

try encoding your database in latin-9 encoding. i think the default is
sql_ascii.
check the manual on how to set the encoding, i don't know how exactly how to
do it (i think you can set the encoding when copying a database). For me, it
fixed a similar problem with ADO and PGAdmin III.

bye,
markus.

""Gunnar Groetschel"" <ggroetschel@sokoma.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> It is impossible, that none of you have problems with this!!!
> Best regards
> Gunnar
>

> [Gunnar Groetschel] > Hi List
> [Gunnar Groetschel] > I have a question, that should be in the FAQs, but i
didnt found it.
> [Gunnar Groetschel] > I am trying to connect a postgres database with
access 2000 over the latest odbc driver.
> [Gunnar Groetschel] > Everything works fine and i am able to see the
tables in access, but without any german characters [Gunnar Groetschel] >
������.