Re: 7.3.3 behaving differently on OS X 10.2.6 and FreeBSD - Mailing list pgsql-general

From culley harrelson
Subject Re: 7.3.3 behaving differently on OS X 10.2.6 and FreeBSD
Date
List pgsql-general
DeJuan Jackson wrote:

> I have a suspicion that the version might be different.  I have the same
> symptom here on two different RH 7.3 boxes one running 7.3.2 and the
> other running 7.3.3
> It would appear 7.3.2 is more strict about the naming of the GROUP BY
> fields.

They really are the same versions.  For the OS X machine I installed
from source downloaded from the postgresql ftp site.  FreeBSD was
installed from the port but my ports tree is up to date.

On freebsd:

501 $ pg_ctl --version
pg_ctl (PostgreSQL) 7.3.3

On OS X: