psql and Emacs on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Wenjian Yang
Subject psql and Emacs on Windows
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm trying to get more users to use PostgreSQL more often. Some of them are familiar using the sql-mode in Emacs to access MS-SQL and Oracle from Windows Desktops, but it doesn't work for PostgreSQL.

We currently installed emacs 23.1 and PostgreSQL 8.4.0 for Windows on a windows desktop. When issue "sql-postgres" in emacs, after providing User/Password/Database/Server, nothing happens. There is no prompt from emacs. Checking the server log, it doesn't seem to have received any connection request.

The above works fine on a linux box using emacs to access PostgreSQL.

I'm also sending the question to the emacs help list, since I'm not an expert in emacs either.

Thanks.

Wenjian Yang