Re: NOTICE: there is no transaction in progress - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shoaib Mir
Subject Re: NOTICE: there is no transaction in progress
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 2:51 AM, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:
Rodrick Hales wrote:
We have two machines that run a C application that interfaces with a Postgres database.  They are our development and production machines.  The version is PostgreSQL 8.3.7 on i686-redhat-linux-gnu, complied by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.1.2.20071124 (Red Hat 4.1.2-42) .  On the development machine,  I don't get notices and warnings related to Postgres SQL commands.  COMMIT and ABORT are likely the culprits.  On the production machine I do.  I understand these errors get sent to the 'stderr' stream by default.  I don't know which command exactly is causing the notices and warnings in the program and why the behavior is only happening on one machine.  Are there some settings on the database that have been set for displaying such warnings and notices?  Why does it happen one and not the other?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

logging is controlled by various settings in postgresql.conf

Best is to go through the manual at --> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/runtime-config-logging.html

and then take a difference of settings between the two.

--
Shoaib Mir
http://shoaibmir.wordpress.com/