Re: Install XML on Postgres 8.1 - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Shoaib Mir
Subject Re: Install XML on Postgres 8.1
Date
List pgsql-admin
Do we have XML docs indexing mechanism in the todo's for 8.3? as this is one of the problem I faced while moving the Oracle like XML functionality to PostgreSQL using xml2 contrib.

--------------
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)

On 1/24/07, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net > wrote:
Shoaib Mir wrote:
> > Can we compare the same powerful like Oracle has on Xml?
>
> I don't think so that current xml2 support is according to the SQL
> 2003 standards and for now it is I guess just the basic one.

The functionality of the xml2 contrib module is almost completely
orthogonal to what the SQL standard says in matters of XML.  Whether
either of these are equally "powerful" as what Oracle offers, I can't
say, but since we're currently working on enhanced XML functionality in
8.3, I invite comments on that.

--
Peter Eisentraut