Re: 8.1.2 postmaster died - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shoaib Mir
Subject Re: 8.1.2 postmaster died
Date
List pgsql-general
Look at the database server logs and see what actually was happening just before the server crashed... do you have the auto vacuuming running at backend? or was there some client making connection just when the server did crash? .... your db logs can actually help you here.

Thank you,
-----------
Shoaib Mir
EnterpriseDB (www.enterprisedb.com)

On 11/9/06, Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org> wrote:
On Thu, Nov 09, 2006 at 11:52:48AM +0500, Shoaib Mir wrote:
> Have a look at "16.4.3. Linux Memory Overcommit" on
> http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.1/interactive/kernel-resources.html

If you look at the beginning of the thread you'dve seen we're talking
about HPUX here...

Maybe they have an OOM killer too? Although maybe it's quotas?

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   < kleptog@svana.org>   http://svana.org/kleptog/