Re: Strange error in Windows 10 Pro - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dale Seaburg
Subject Re: Strange error in Windows 10 Pro
Date
List pgsql-general

Just to put a finishing note to this thread: I am placing the blame on the mfg of the PC - was supposed to be a NEW, but had a Reburbished sticker on the bottom of the case.  Now, whether it was the PC mfg or Microsoft's fault, I really could care less - the PC became useless for installing PostgreSQL - versions 8.4.5, 9.6.7 or 10.3.  The install ALWAYS failed at the very last step - the building of the internal folders, etc of the data folder.

So, in frustration, I have chosen to install 8.4.5 on an older PC running XP.  It just works!  I don't like it, but I am constrained by the owner's wishes.

Thanks, for offering each of your individual helps.

Regards,
Dale Seaburg