Re: Is there a tool used to display statement times from postgres logs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: Is there a tool used to display statement times from postgres logs
Date
List pgsql-general
2009/11/20 Chris Barnes <compuguruchrisbarnes@hotmail.com>
Would someone have a tool that displays statement execution times/stats from the standard output from postgres logs?

I have attempted pgfouine but not had sucess with the log format.

Does anyone use pgfouine or have something that works for them?

Chris

You may have already tried this, but pgFouine has a custom log prefix which you should be able to set in postgresql.conf under the log_line_prefix setting.  This is described at http://pgfouine.projects.postgresql.org/tutorial.html

I have used pgFouine successfully in the past, although I found it didn't work too well with massive logs.  That may have been rectified since.

Regards

Thom