Re: [pgeu-general] pgday.eu - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: [pgeu-general] pgday.eu
Date
List pgsql-general
2009/11/14 Thom Brown <thombrown@gmail.com>
2009/11/14 Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org>
On 11/14/09, Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum <ads@pgug.de> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 10:52:22AM +0000, Dave Page wrote:
>>
>> I think we should spend some money and buy some inexpensive cameras
>> and tripods along with a bunch of memory cards for next year, and
>> record everything. I know other PUGs/conferences series have done that
>> with good results.
>
> On FOSDEM this attempt failed two years in a row. Last year the reason
> was: the camera had to be on the top level line with seats. Else it
> would only record parts of the room, eeither only the speaker and not
> the projector wall or vise versa. But this camera position resulted in a
> very bad light situation and in addition the sun protection darkened the
> room even more.
>
> You not only need a camera, you also need someone operating this camera
> all the time

Yeah, I figured that we'd get the room hosts to do that. Buying people
with the cameras may be hard (and possibly illegal in some parts of
Europe).

 Hans has said it's okay to put up his lightning talk on artificial intelligence too: http://vimeo.com/7603171

His slides aren't currently available on the wiki though, but I've mentioned it to him.

Thom

Michael Nacos has confirmed this is okay to post: http://vimeo.com/7612061

Thom