Re: Postgres alpha testing docs and general test packs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: Postgres alpha testing docs and general test packs
Date
List pgsql-general
2009/10/28 Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz <gryzman@gmail.com>:
> have you seen that one:
> http://it.toolbox.com/blogs/database-soup/alpha2-is-out-and-we-need-you-to-test-it-35032?rss=1
> ?

That's partly why I was asking.  It mentions the areas where the
changes have occurred, but not necessarily the changes themselves.  An
example of this is hstore.  There are mentions of improvements and
issues being eliminated, but these haven't been specified, not even in
the documentation.  I'm not sure how to test whatever change has gone
in.  I could open 8.4 and 8.5 documentation for that same page and
flip between the two until I find a difference, but even if I do that
and find changes, I doubt that covers what the fixes are.  I'd want
scenarios that were problematic in 8.4 that are not so in 8.5.

Entirely new features are easier to deal with though.  I still would,
however, want something like a detailed version of Josh's post which
breaks down where the changes have occurred.  It seems quite scattered
and unclear at the moment.

Thom