Re: vacuumdb error - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thom Brown
Subject Re: vacuumdb error
Date
List pgsql-bugs
2009/10/16 Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>:
> The fact that this is order-sensitive is just a trap for the unwary
> anyway. =A0I wonder if we ought to implement a flexible options syntax
> like we did for EXPLAIN and COPY, though since I don't know of any new
> options that are needed here maybe it's not worth it.
>
> ...Robert

I'd personally prefer options that could be used in any order as it
means you only have to remember the keywords, not also the order of
them as specified in the documentation.  As long as the order doesn't
affect the functioning of the command, I don't see the harm.  It just
makes it easier to use.

Thom