Re: Doc: Rework contrib appendix -- informative titles, tweaked sentences - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Jonathan S. Katz
Subject Re: Doc: Rework contrib appendix -- informative titles, tweaked sentences
Date
List pgsql-www

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd"><htmlxmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head>

> whereas the website only says
>
> <!doctype html>
>   <head>

The above doctype correct for the web. That's the HTML5 doctype tag.

I haven't gone through the the doc loading process in awhile, but what
happens is that the docs build with the HTML generated (make html) and
then are processed and "uploaded" to the website through this code[1].
It's possible that somewhere in the "HTML tidy" process something may be
removed.

Looking at the current state of the contrib page, I'm not sure what the
rendering is that you expect. I can see us adding more margin to the
bottom of the table as that looks close together, but I'm not sure I
understand what other issues there are?

Jonathan

[1]
https://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgweb.git;a=blob;f=tools/docs/docload.py;hb=HEAD