Re: Fyracle? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Mike Rylander
Subject Re: Fyracle?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/6/05, Russ Brown <pickscrape@gmail.com> wrote:
> I've just been sent this link by our DBA (pro MySQL but even more
> Anti-Postgres):
>
> http://www.janus-software.com/fb_fyracle.html
>
> I want to know how they've calculated the numbers that they're created
> those pie graphs from. The only thing I can think of that Postgres
> doesn't have for 'transactions' is two-phase commit, and yet it's
> given it 1/2 functionality.

That is a bit harsh.  I suppose the reviewer thinks ultra-slow
cross-machine transactions that have to be repaired by hand are really
fun.  ;)

> Anybody else care to comment?

Their PL bullet point looks like postgres should have at least a
partial circle (..."in which languages? PL/SQL or similar, Java,
C/C++?...similar enough to your current database to allow for a fast
(automated) process"...).

--
Mike Rylander
mrylander@gmail.com