Group tables in PG-Admin - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Jürgen Spatz
Subject Group tables in PG-Admin
Date
List pgadmin-support
Hi all,

we are planning to try to convert our Database from oracle to
postgreSQL, and the database has ca. 1500 tables and more or less 2000
Views. All tables and views are lying in one schema (except some user
tables) and because of that the list of tables and views in the tree is
very lagre.

It would be very helpful to group the tables by the first character to
reduce the length of the list (and the scrolling up and down). Is this
feature already on the feature list or did no one ask for it until  now
? Or is there a better method to do that ?

And no, we don't want to use schemata, because we think that schemata
are more for logical groupings and for somethong like that.

Thanks