Re: RHEL 7: problem with gdal 2.3 postgresql 9.6/10 and postgis 2.4- - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: RHEL 7: problem with gdal 2.3 postgresql 9.6/10 and postgis 2.4-
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi Christopher,

On Mon, 2019-07-01 at 09:32 +0000, Lorenz, Christopher wrote:
> I've also checked it on a fresh server and found the cause. The problem
> exists in the 9.6 repository, may lower versions are also affected.
>
> To reproduce you should only use the 9.6 repository on a fresh installed
> system:
> I installed the postgresql repository and modified /etc/yum.repos.d/pgdg-
> redhat-all.repo, so only pgdg96 is enabled.
> Then I installed postgresql using :
> yum install epel-release
> yum install postgis24_96 postgresql96-server
> After CREATE EXTENSION postgis; the error of undefined symbol appears.
>
> The root cause is, gdal23 needs ogdi. This package comes from epel in Version
> 3.2.0.-0.19.beta2
> In repo 10 an upward you have includes ogdi in Version 3.2.0-4.
> If I use the package ogdi from the repository of pgdg10 postgresql96 using
> postgis24 works fine with gdal23.

Wow, great catch! Thanks!

> We only enable one version of postgresql repository with our servers and
> don't have two or more versions available. If you use the default
> configuration you don’t have this problem. If you include the ogdi 3.2.0-4 in
> pgdg96 repository it should work correct.

Copied ogdi RPMs to 9.4, 9.5 and 9.6 repos. They will be synced in next 40
mins.

Regards,

--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Attachment