Re: [PERFORM] EXISTS optimization - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Kovacs
Subject Re: [PERFORM] EXISTS optimization
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 3/23/07, Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
[...]
> That's the good news.  The bad news is that I operate under a management portability dictate which doesn't currently
allowthat syntax, since not all of the products they want to

It doesn't really touch the substance, but I am curious: are you not
even allowed to discriminate between products in your code like:
if db is 'postresql' then
else
?

What would be the rationale for that?

Thanks
Peter

cover support it.  I tried something which seems equivalent, but it is
running for a very long time.  I'll show it with just the explain
while I wait to see how long the explain analyze takes.

[...]