Re: login error - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Lee Harr
Subject Re: login error
Date
List pgsql-admin
In article <WjNda.284031$UXa.53500@news02.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com>:
> I was wondering if anyone could help me.  I'm a web developer that is trying
> to learn some more ASP interfacing with an SQL Server 2000 backend.
>
> I keep getting this error, and don't know why:
>
> a.. Error Type:
> Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers (0x80040E4D)
> [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Login failed for user
> 'TOMFOOLERY\IUSR_TOM'.
> /db/post.asp, line 76
>
> my settings are set as windows authentication, so I'm at a loss as to why
> this error is coming up at all.
>
> Any ideas?  And if so, where do I make the changes... IIS or SQL Server?

This list is for an open source (free) database called PostgreSQL.

It can run on Windows, and the people on these lists are always
quite helpful, sometimes even helping people to migrate away from
proprietary databases like MSSQL.

If you need to fix your SQL Server setup, you need a different list.