Re: Postgres batch write very slow - what to do - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Postgres batch write very slow - what to do
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 3/16/07, Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com> wrote:
> Be careful...you are just testing one very specific thing and it its
> extremely possible that the Oracle JDBC batch insert is more optimized
> than PostgreSQL's.  On my little pentium 4 workstation, by inserting
> 10 rows per insert:
> insert values ([...]), ([...]), [8 more rows];

small correction here, I actually went and looked at the JDBC api and
realized 'addBatch' means to run multiple stmts at once, not batch
inserting.  femski, your best bet is to lobby the JDBC folks to build
support for 'copy' into the driver for faster bulk loads (or help out
in that regard).

merlin