Re: Postgre SQL 7.1 cygwin performance issue. - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Merlin Moncure
Subject Re: Postgre SQL 7.1 cygwin performance issue.
Date
List pgsql-performance
On 8/28/06, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 8/28/06, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> >
> > > That's a little too negative.  There is at least one alternative,
> > > possibly two...
> >
> > But both of those would probably involve work comparable to an upgrade.
>
> We don't know what is preventing the upgrade; we haven't been told
> anything about the details surrounding that.

be sure and check out
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2006-08/msg00655.php.
(read the entire thread)  moving off 7.1 is a great idea, but it may
or may not solve the connection the problem (its windows) :).

merlin