Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Claus Guttesen
Subject Re: Estimate the size of the SQL file generated by pg_dump utility
Date
List pgsql-performance
> > I'm curious, what problem does the disclaimer cause?
> >
> > I wrote the following TOS for my personal system:
> > https://www.potentialtech.com/cms/node/9
> > Excerpt of the relevant part:
> > I have no idea if that's legally binding or not, but I've talked to a few
> > associates who have some experience in law, and they all argue that email
> > disclaimers probably aren't legally binding anyway -- so the result is
> > undefined.
>
> No, it's not legally binding.  Agreements are only binding if both parties agree, and someone sending you email has
notconsented to your statement.  If I send you something with a copyright mark, you'd better respect it unless you have
asigned agreement granting you rights.  Federal law always wins.

> Disclaimers are bad for two reasons.  First, they're powerless.  Just because Acme Corp. attaches a disclaimer
doesn'tmean they've absolved themselves of responsibility for the actions of their employees.  Second, they're
insultingto the employees.  It's a big red flag saying, "We, Acme Corp., hire clowns we don't trust, and THIS person
maybe one of them!"

Dear sirs, this is off-topic at best. Pls. discontinue this thread.

regards
Claus