Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Petr Jelinek
Subject Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes
Date
Re: [HACKERS] PG 10 release notes  (Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 25/04/17 03:31, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have committed the first draft of the Postgres 10 release notes.  They
> are current as of two days ago, and I will keep them current.  Please
> give me any feedback you have.

Cool!

> The only unusual thing is that this release has ~180 items while most
> recent release have had ~220.  The pattern I see that there are more
> large features in this release than previous ones.

Well I think for example

> Optimizer
>
>     Add the ability to compute a correlation ratio and the number of distinct values on several columns (Tomas
Vondra,David Rowley)

could be easily 2 or 3 items (explicitly defining additional statistics,
multicolumn ndistinct and functional dependencies).

I also wonder if ability to run SQL queries on walsender connected to a
database is worth mentioning (replication=database kind of connection).

Or the ability of logical decoding to follow timeline switches.

Services