Re: Can I add a super table to existing tables? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jun Yang
Subject Re: Can I add a super table to existing tables?
Date
Re: Can I add a super table to existing tables?
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Aug 1, 2009 at 7:53 PM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 01, 2009 at 06:28:54PM -0700, Jun Yang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I want to add some common columns to all of my tables.

Your case may be very special, but offhand, this sounds like a very
bad idea.  What task is it you're trying to accomplish?

Very simple.  I have columns update_by and updated_at that I want every table to have but don't want to add them one by one.

Cheers,
David.

Jun

Phone: +1 415 235 3778  AIM: dfetter666  Yahoo!: dfetter
Skype: davidfetter      XMPP: david.fetter@gmail.com

Remember to vote!