Re: Survey: renaming/removing script binaries (createdb, createuser...) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: Survey: renaming/removing script binaries (createdb, createuser...)
Date
List pgsql-general
On 01/04/2008, Steve Crawford <scrawford@pinpointresearch.com> wrote:
>  One advantage of using a consistent prefix is that when you have
>  forgotten the exact name of a rarely used command and you are using a
>  shell with readline support, "pg_<tab><tab>" will bring up a list of
>  available commands.
For any value of shell IN {bash, tcsh, zsh}.
sh (default on solaris) and ksh won't, and neither will cmd.exe

But I (as a user of bash) see your point.

>  Cheers,
>
> Steve
Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.