Re: Trouble running PostgreSQL server / Server must be started under certain locale. - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: Trouble running PostgreSQL server / Server must be started under certain locale.
Date
List pgsql-general
On 28/02/2008, Olmec Sinclair <olmec@cleanweb.co.nz> wrote:
Hello again!

And please remember to hit reply-to-all so everyone on the
list sees what you're saying.  Also please note that top-posting
is frowned upon here. :)

>  I am running postgres on Ubuntu 7.10 (recent convert from windows) and I
> think my previous version of postgresql was 8.2

>  Last night I un installed 8.3 and reinstalled 8.2 but now I can't get that
> to start.... so I'm not making much progress. The problem is I don't really
> know what I am doing :)
By which means did you do the installation/un-install of both versions?
What data-directory is/was which version using?

>  I am learning slowly though.
>
>  Olmec
Cheers from sunny Wellington,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.