Re: Sharing static data among several databases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: Sharing static data among several databases
Date
List pgsql-general
On Nov 19, 2007 12:29 PM, Robert James <srobertjames@gmail.com> wrote:
> Comedy aside, this makes a lot of sense:
> The shared data has nothing private in it at all - it's chemical info.
> Sharing it is no worse than sharing the application code, or the OS's
> libraries.  It's the customer's data which needs to be isolated.
I appreciate that.  But realistically if you had locked information isolation
down via permissions and appropriate views the information for each
customer would be as safe as it would using separate databases or
even servers.

Cheers,
Andrej

P.S.: I assume this was meant to go to the list, not to me as an individual;
try reply-all for this list.
--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.