Re: Database performance problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrej Ricnik-Bay
Subject Re: Database performance problem
Date
List pgsql-general
On 6/13/07, Porell, Chris <Chris.Porell@ceridian.com> wrote:
> Hi All,

[...]
> the SQL in psql.  The old server was a dual AMD opteron 2.6 GHz machine with
> a RAID 5 array and 4GB memory.  The new machine is a dual dual-core AMD
> Opteron 2.6GHz with RAID 1 and 16GB memory.
[...]
> On my new DB server, it takes about 27 seconds for this query to run.  On
> the old server, it takes 2 seconds.
[...]
> Any ideas?

How many spindles were there in the RAID-5 on the old box,
how many in the RAID-1 on the new one?  What kind of controller?

> Thanks!
> Chris

Cheers,
Andrej

--
Please don't top post, and don't use HTML e-Mail :}  Make your quotes concise.