Re: Make query ID more portable - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrey Lepikhov
Subject Re: Make query ID more portable
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 12/10/21 18:45, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 12, 2021 at 09:40:47AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Andrey Lepikhov <a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru> writes:
>>> But core jumbling code is good, fast and much easier in support.
> Also, the current code handles renames of schemas and objects, but this
> would not.
Yes, It is good option if an extension works only in the context of one
node. But my efforts are directed to the cross-instance usage of a
monitoring data. As an example, it may be useful for sharding.
Also, I guess for an user is essential to think that if he changed a
name of any object he also would change queries and reset monitoring
data, related on this object.

--
regards,
Andrey Lepikhov