Re: [HACKERS] partitioned tables and contrib/sepgsql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Joe Conway
Subject Re: [HACKERS] partitioned tables and contrib/sepgsql
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 04/07/2017 05:36 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 7, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Joe Conway <mail@joeconway.com> wrote:
>> 1) commit the 0002 patch now before the feature freeze and follow up
>>    with the regression test patch when ready in a couple of days
>> 2) hold off on both patches until ready
>> 3) push both patches to the next commitfest/pg11
>>
>> Some argue this is an open issue against the new partitioning feature in
>> pg10 and therefore should be addressed now, and others do not. I can see
>> both sides of that argument.
>>
>> In any case, thoughts on what to do?
>
> Speaking only for myself, I'm OK with any of those options, provided
> that that "a couple" means what my dictionary says it means.

Thanks. I'd prefer not to do #1 actually, and I think we can adhere to
the dictionary meaning of "a couple" (i.e. by EOD Sunday). Assuming we
are ready by Sunday I will push both together (#2) or else I will move
them both together to the next CF (#3).

Joe

--
Crunchy Data - http://crunchydata.com