Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From marcin mank
Subject Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Speed up CREATE DATABASE by deferring the fsyncs until after
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Yes, the issue with initdb failing is unrelated (and I have no problem
about the fs being unsupported). But fsync still DOES fail on
directories from the mount.

>> But I would not be that sure that eg. NFS or something like that won`t
>> complain.
> It does not.

What if someone mounts a NFS share from a system that does not support
directory fsync (per buildfarm: unixware, AIX) on Linux? I agree that
this is asking for trouble, but...

Greetings
Marcin Mańk