Re: [HACKERS] Improvement in log message of logical replicationworker - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Peter Eisentraut
Subject Re: [HACKERS] Improvement in log message of logical replicationworker
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 5/20/17 00:58, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Umm, just skimming here -- this patch shows some LOG messages using
> elog() rather than ereport(), which seems bogus to me.

Fixed that.

> Also:
>     "logical replication table synchronization worker for subscription \"%s\", table \"%s\" has started"
> surely there is a more convenient name than "logical replication table
> synchronization worker" for this process?  I think just getting rid of
> the words "logical replication" there would be sufficient, since we
> don't have the concept of "table synchronization worker" in any other
> context.

We could look into that, but then we'd have a review all the log
messages so they are consistent.

> More generally, the overall wording of this message seems a bit off.
> How about something along the lines of
>   "starting synchronization for table \"%s\" in subscription \"%s\""
> ?

There is of course a difference between "starting" and "has started".
We used to have both of these messages, now we only have the latter by
default.