Re: v7.2.3/v7.2.2 installed docs outdated? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From ljb
Subject Re: v7.2.3/v7.2.2 installed docs outdated?
Date
List pgsql-general
hs@cybertec.at wrote:
> ljb wrote:
>
>>I'm not sure what's going on, but it seems to me that although the
>>documentation source files in doc/src/sgml are being updated with each
>>release, when I install PostgreSQL v7.2.2 or v7.2.3 I get older HTML
>>documentation titled "PostgreSQL 7.2.1 Documentation" installed. And it's
>>missing the newer release information. Perhaps the release process is not
>>updating doc/postgres.tar.gz (which is used as the install source). Could
>>somebody check this?
>>

> 7.2.2 ist just a bugfix (fixing security problems and various other
> problems such as a core dump in the GIS extensions).
> The documentation is the same.

No, it isn't the same. The sources were updated, for example
     postgresql-7.2.3/doc/src/sgml/release.sgml
contains newer information about the 7.2.2 and 7.2.3 releases. But when
you "make install", the 7.2.1 documentation gets installed.