can Trigger be as real "standalone" program? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Grégory Luguet
Subject can Trigger be as real "standalone" program?
Date
List pgsql-general
Hello smart peoples!

Let me expose you my problem : I have been using PostgreSQL for my webapps,
which works fine.
Another app runs using other database managers on their own.
Now we should synchronize our mess : but it is quite a challenge, as our
applications should be heavily rewritten to do this ; so I have been
thinking of a trigger which could be launched at commit time, and would
update each other's tables : O....e does allow this kind of operations (I
can get updated when a O....e db is commited), but does PostgreSQL do the
same?

Thank you in advance for your opinion & advices!
Gr�gory Luguet