NewB question wrt Create Database - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Josh
Subject NewB question wrt Create Database
Date
List pgadmin-support
Howdy All,

I have a question about the behavior of PGAdmin (or perhaps this is PG) in
creating databases.

If I create a DB while logged in as postgres, and indicate the database
owner is another login role, then PG creates the database with that login
role being the owner but everything within the db is owned by Postgres.
So, for example, I can't go start creating tables and such as the login
role because that role does not own the public schema.

Why does it behave in this way?

Thanks,
-J