Re: Broken postgres links need to find callers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Broken postgres links need to find callers
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018, Andrew Gierth wrote:

> What this says is that you somehow have a pg 10.3 binary which has been
> compiled with ./configure --datadir=/usr/share/postgresql-10.2
>
> which seems, to say the least, somewhat odd.

Andrew,

   Quite odd rather than somewhat odd because the configure options in the
build script point to version 10.3, not 10.2.

> pg_config isn't used by the postgres binary to find paths, so "fixing" it
> wouldn't help. The same paths that were compiled into pg_config are
> compiled into the postgres binary, and pg_config and postgres contain the
> same relocation logic.

   Okay.

   I'll check with the SlackBuilds.org postgresql package maintainer and
confirm that re-building and re-installing 10.3 will not adversely affect
the data/ directory. Then I'll re-build and re-install it.

   Why it worked flawlessly until today when I modified the postgresql.conf
file to add access by another host name and then broke is also quite odd.

Thanks,

Rich