Re: Broken postgres links need to find callers - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Broken postgres links need to find callers
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, 31 Oct 2018, Adrian Klaver wrote:

> You said it made a difference when you added it, just trying to figure out if
> removing it also makes a difference. If not then we need to look elsewhere
> for an explanation.

Adrian,

   Each time I hit a broken symlink pg_ctl told me which link was broken. For
example, the libpgtypes.so* files were sought in
/usr/lib/postgresql/10.2/lib/ when they're actually now in
/usr/lib/postgresql/10.3/lib/. Removing broken links and creating new,
valid ones fixes them.

   So, I'm seeking the library or executable file that's finding timezonesets
in the no-longer existing ../10.2/ directory.

Regards,

Rich