Re: Schema Help Needed To Get Unstuck - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Schema Help Needed To Get Unstuck
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 23 Jul 2015, Melvin Davidson wrote:

> Does this help?

Melvin,

   Yep.

   After pondering David's response I recognized my error: I had the permit
table as the center of the relationships when it should be the conditions
table. As you wrote, permits, parameters, and locations all feed the
conditions table (where additional attributes are added), then a row from
that table is added to the monitoring table where quantities and other
attributes are entered.

   Sometimes we get so deep in a rut we can't see over the edge and find the
correct path.

Thanks very much,

Rich