Re: Restore 1 Table from pg_dumpall? [RESOLVED] - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Restore 1 Table from pg_dumpall? [RESOLVED]
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 22 Jan 2013, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Rich, the main problem is using pg_dumpall. Unfortunately pg_dumpall has
> not kept up with all the other advances Postgres has had in the last
> decade. To set up dump based backups properly I suggest reviewing:
>
> http://www.commandprompt.com/blogs/joshua_drake/2010/07/a_better_backup_with_postgresql_using_pg_dump/

   Thanks, Josh, I will read that.

   I have only 4 databases so I can easily back up each one individually. I
make system backups daily using dirvish but understand that it's better to
backup the databases separately with the appropriate tools.

Regards,

Rich