Re: Apparent Problem With NULL in Restoring pg_dump - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: Apparent Problem With NULL in Restoring pg_dump
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, 15 Sep 2011, Andy Colson wrote:

> Can you pg_dump again, but use --inserts?  Maybe it'll offer some hints.

Andy,

   Only if I restore /usr/local/pgsql/data/* from the backup tape of a few
days ago. I need to drop the table before trying to insert it.

> Also, do you have the right line endings for your os?

   Well, linux uses only \n, and that's the only environment in which I work.

> To restore, you are using:  psql dbname < filename
> correct?

   No, I'm running within pgsql and using the \i option. I can try it from
the command line before restoring from the backup and trying again.

Rich