Re: INSERTing rows from external file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: INSERTing rows from external file
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, 16 Aug 2011, Greg Smith wrote:

> Sounds like a problem with your file.  Messing up CR/LF characters when
> moving things between Windows and UNIX systems is a popular one.  Proof it
> works:

Greg,

   Excel file imported into LibreOffice and converted to .ods. Columns marked
and saved as .csv. Emacs does not display the 'DOS' indicator of CR/LF
instead of the UNIX \n because all work was done with linux applications.

   Using the psql '-f' option worked ... up to a point when psql pointed out
to me that I had neglected to put a terminating semicolon on the end of each
line. Mea culpa!

   Now I get an error on a boolean column. See my response to Chris with
details.

Thanks,

Rich