Adding Foreign Key Constraint To Existing Table - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Adding Foreign Key Constraint To Existing Table
Date
Re: Adding Foreign Key Constraint To Existing Table  ("Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com>)
Re: Adding Foreign Key Constraint To Existing Table  (Thom Brown <thom@linux.com>)
Re: Adding Foreign Key Constraint To Existing Table  (Thom Brown <thom@linux.com>)
Re: Adding Foreign Key Constraint To Existing Table  (David Johnston <polobo@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-general
   I've examined the 9.0 manual page on alter table without seeing how to add
a foreign key constraint to a column.

   I needed to make changes on a couple of existing tables which could be
accomplished only by dropping the foreign key constraint. That, and changing
the table structure, column names, and column types were successful. But, I
am not seeing the proper syntax to add a foreign key constraint back to the
two affected tables.

   Pointer please.

Rich