Re: silent_mode and LINUX_OOM_ADJ - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Reinhard Max
Subject Re: silent_mode and LINUX_OOM_ADJ
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Heikki,

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 at 12:10, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> Max, you're the maintainer of the PostgreSQL SuSE RPMs, right?

my first name is Reinhard, but aside from that, you are right. ;)

> Can you comment on the above?

I enabled it many years ago when (IIRC) it was needed in conjunction
with "logging_collector = on" to get proper logging and especially log
rotation. It might very well be that it is not needed anymore and
suggestions for doing it better are welcome.

cu    Reinhard

--
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstraße 5, 90409 Nürnberg, Germany