Re: two different posgres t for Rails development? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Rich Shepard
Subject Re: two different posgres t for Rails development?
Date
Re: two different posgres t for Rails development?
List pgsql-general
On Sat, 28 Aug 2010, John R Pierce wrote:

> does Rails even let you near the SQL? I thought it had a total ORM
> abstraction layer that assumes all databases are more or less MySQL, and
> it didn't let you anywhere near the actual relational aspects.

   According to my software engineer partner, you're correct. It doesn't use
SQL, but it's own embedded language. And, while postgres can be used, he
prefers mysql and that's directly supported by Rails.

Rich