Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Joshua Kramer
Subject Re: First stab at 9.0 release announcement
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hello Everyone,

> What I want to do is find more interesting pieces just like this to build an
> article of 700-1000 words that I want to try to get published in a few
> national magazines. Even if it’s all been said before in one form or another

Just so everyone is aware - Linux Journal accepted my proposal for a
feature-length (~2,500 word) article on PostgreSQL 9, and I have a firm
due date in early August.  The outline is fairly flexible at this point.
My intent was to aim it squarely at the MySQL / PHB crowd, though there
are fewer PHB's than MySQL aficionados that read Linux Journal.

For copyright reasons I can't use the same text as anyone else for any
part of the article, but if we come up with a common strategy we can
appear as a unified front in the various publications that accept articles
about PostgreSQL.

Cheers,
-Joshua Kramer

--