Re: Raid 10 chunksize - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Greg Smith
Subject Re: Raid 10 chunksize
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, 3 Apr 2009, david@lang.hm wrote:

> also note that the message from Ted was back in 2004, there has been a _lot_
> of work done on XFS in the last 4 years.

Sure, I know they've made progress, which is why I didn't also bring up
older ugly problems like delayed allocation issues reducing files to zero
length on XFS.  I thought that particular issue was pretty fundamental to
the logical journal scheme XFS is based on.  What's you'll get out of disk
I/O at smaller than the block level is pretty unpredictable when there's a
failure.