Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalogdescriptions - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalogdescriptions
Date
Re: Another modest proposal for docs formatting: catalog descriptions
List pgsql-docs
Hello Tom,

> Here's a more fully fleshed out draft for this, with stylesheet
> markup to get extra space around the column type names.

I find this added spacing awkward, espacially as attribute names are
always one word anyway. I prefer the non spaced approach.

If spacing is discussed, should the layout rather try to align type
information, eg:

   attribute        type
   description
   ---
   foo              bla
   this does this and that ...
   and here is an example about it
   ---
   foo-foo-foo      bla-bla
   whatever bla bla blah bla foo foo foo ...
   and stuff

I'm not sure how achievable it is from a xml & processing point of view,
and how desirable it is, I'm just throwing it for consideration.

--
Fabien.