Re: Allow continuations in "pg_hba.conf" files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Fabien COELHO
Subject Re: Allow continuations in "pg_hba.conf" files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Justin,

>> There are no assumption about backslash escaping, quotes and such, which
>> seems reasonable given the lexing structure of the files, i.e. records of
>> space-separated words, and # line comments.
>
> Quoting does allow words containing spaces:

Ok.

I meant that the continuation handling does not care of that, i.e. if the
continuation is within quotes, then the quoted stuff is implicitely
continuated, there is no different rule because it is within quotes.

--
Fabien.